martes, 14 de septiembre de 2010

Harrods Hauling - Not forgetting the Champers!!


One of my favourite shops in the world is Harrods in Knightsbridge. I try to go around once a month, even if its only to do a bit of food shopping.

I went today and got a mixture of stuff - beauty products, Lyra stuff (awwww!) and some food, mostly cupcakes, YUM!

Think I'll start with the beauty products.



Today's planned purchase was the Estee Lauder Daywear Plus Tint. I have seen this in both Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo videos and the girls always rave about how brilliant it makes their skin look. This lotion is supposed to even your skin tone out and the tint in it will illuminate your complexion. I plan to use it as a make up base and also as a moisturiser on non make up days.

Then of course there were the unavoidable unplanned purchases too. As I was walking round the beauty hall I noticed they had Burberry and Dolce and Gabbana make up. I was really happy to see these as I thought they were only available in Selfridges. I wasn't interested in Burberry as it always reminds me of chavs and I think the patterns they have embossed into the products are cringeworthy. I was definitely interested in D&G though as I wanted to try the nude lipstick. It's called Nude 50.

Here it is on my lips.



I love it. It is literally just like MAC Creme D'Nude. It swatches on my skin a little darker than Creme D'Nude but on my lips its lighter and exactly the same, but seems to flatter my complexion more. It's creamy and smooth to apply, it has a slight old lady scent but I can overlook that. The reason I am particularly happy with this lipstick being the same as Creme D'Nude is that I am now refusing to buy Creme because it always melts. I'm on my third one now and it looks like this:



So it looks like we have the answer to the above catastrophe with the D&G lippy. It is slightly more expensive at £20 though. Let's see if it melts I guess.

On the lower ground floor of Harrods they have a little chemist type area where I bought the other two products in the picture. Firstly, the Melvita eye gel....I had seen a couple of reviews on Sarah's blog about this brand and when I saw it on the shelf thought I'd try something from it. I'm a sucker for eye products and also can't resist when the packaging has words like 'smoothes over wrinkles' and lots of nice sounding ingredients like apricot butter, gingko biloba and buckwheat. I will start using this tonight and then review it here shortly.

Lastly for beauty products I got the Sudocrem in a tube. I knew this was available but so far have never been able to find it. I noticed it today and picked one up straight away.

Onto the food.



I mainly go for the cupcakes but love the indian bar, Tiffin Bites as well. I got two of the wraps which are amazing heated up. I got chicken tikka and onion bhaji. I also got a couple of salads. The top one is a vegetable and haloumi salad and the other is a pesto pasta salad with sundried tomatoes and olives. At £10 for the two of them these are overpriced in my opinion but trust me they're yum. Lol.

Now for Lyra's haul:



He loves the Dandelion chewsticks so that was the main thing I wanted to get for him. I also got him a mineral stone, a wood chew, and some hamster mix. I like to buy different foods for Lyra as I think it's nice for him to have a varied diet instead of the same old thing all the time. I also got a new wheel as his current one is so loud and sometimes keeps me awake even when he's in a different room. So hopefully this one will be a bit quieter.

Just before we left Harrods to get some lunch in Pret A Manger, mum and I indulged in a glass of champagne each. It rounded off our lovely shopping trip perfectly.


Veuve Cliquot Rose

Oh in other weekend news, last night I attended a wedding reception in Egham in Surrey at the Great Fosters hotel. I had a wonderful night and met a couple of lovely new people. I just thought I'd share some photos from the night. The last photo is of the bride's bouquet, which would you believe, I caught!! Hehe, yay!


The venue - I love it, it looks kind of dark and mysterious

Me with the bride and groom


God I can't believe I'm next, HAHA!

Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your Sunday

:)

xx



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario